Notifications
Clear all

PHP Session save directory is not readable

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@sergio)
Topic starter

Hi, I followed all the steps to install the combu through _setup and I get the following error. Please indicate how to help.

Posted : 18/07/2017 10:34 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

From the message it seems that the session folder (that you can read in the message) has not read/write permissions on your server, usually it should be owned by the web server user (that is the same user that owns the web server root folder). This is a misconfiguration of your web server and can google around "php session write permissions" to see how to set the permissions on the PHP session folder on your system.

If you send your Skype ID in a PM I could eventually help you to fix this misconfiguration on your server.

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 19/07/2017 4:44 am
(@sergio)
Topic starter

hi, my skipe is ****.

Skared Creations said
From the message it seems that the session folder (that you can read in the message) has not read/write permissions on your server, usually it should be owned by the web server user (that is the same user that owns the web server root folder). This is a misconfiguration of your web server and can google around "php session write permissions" to see how to set the permissions on the PHP session folder on your system.

If you send your Skype ID in a PM I could eventually help you to fix this misconfiguration on your server.  

Posted : 19/07/2017 8:26 pm
(@shindig)

i am having the same error and have not been able to figure it out. has anyone else been able to fix this?

Posted : 22/06/2018 3:38 am
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

Posted by: shindig

i am having the same error and have not been able to figure it out. has anyone else been able to fix this?

If you create a PHP file on your server with the following code and navigate to it on your web browser, then you can search in the page for the value of session.save_path (the path set in this value should exist and the webserver user [usually 'apache' or 'www-data' on Linux] should have read&write permissions to it):

<?php
phpinfo();

Anyway if you won't succeed to fix this yourself then feel free to send me a PM with your Skype ID and we shall check it out together.

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 22/06/2018 9:33 am
Share: