GetServerInfo succe...

Notifications
Clear all

GetServerInfo success if APK installed directly, but don't works if downloaded from Play Store

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@hsilva)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have an app based on Combu 2 (first version of the app three years ago) published on the App Store and Play Store.

When running:

CombuManager.instance.GetServerInfo ((bool success, CombuServerInfo info) => {...}

It works normally both when downloading from the App Store (iOS) and when the APK is installed directly on the device (without downloading from the Play Store). But when it is downloaded from the Play Store, "success" is false. Is there any report of something similar? Is it possible that for security or another reason Google is blocking the app's access to the network? Any idea how to deal with this matter?

I understand that maybe it's an issue I have to verify with Play Store, but maybe someone here can give me some guidelines.

Thanks in advance.

Posted : 24/02/2020 7:48 am
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

Maybe you're using HTTP instead of HTTPS? As far as I know there's some restrictions on Android (or configuration in AndroidManifest) to use the network but I'm not an expert on this topic, though there are many customers using successfully on Play Store (well, really v3 but v2 shouldn't be different for operational side).

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 15/03/2020 5:28 pm
Share: