Notifications
Clear all

Is this compatible with GameSparks?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rullshan)
Topic starter

I've started using GameSparks and they generally have scripts hosted locally on their machines. Any experience from other customers or yourself successfully making a project with both GS and Combu?

Posted : 18/01/2018 5:47 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

Why would you like to use both systems?

Both Combu and GameSparks are back-end frameworks and handle almost the same entities (account registration/login, leaderboards, achievements, contacts etc), so I see no benefits in using both systems in a project. Combu could be used together with Photon/UNET/Bolton etc because it lacks a real-time networking layer, being Combu only a backend framework to store your players data on a server.

The main difference between Combu and GameSparks is that GameSparks provides only client-side scripts which connect to their own server while Combu provides you with both server and client scripts, so with Combu you rely on your own server which requires a web server with PHP and MySQL installed (I usually suggest to rent a dedicated server like Amazon EC so that your server is used only by your own apps/games and not shared with other customers, this way you can boost the overall response performance).

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 18/01/2018 9:39 pm
Share: