Clear all

Missing scores

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@punchey)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

What could cause score submissions to a leaderboard to fail to post? I have a lot of players who report not seeing their scores show up in-game. As far as the logs they send me seem to indicate, there was no error reported. That is, my delegate to ReportScore() either never gets called, or receives a true "success" parameter. I'm not sure which. Is there a known reason why some users frequently have problems with their scores not posting? Is there any additional check I can do to help mitigate this problem? (I'm already waiting for a timeout and automatically retrying a certain number of times.)

Posted : 10/03/2021 1:36 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

If the response from the webservice is "success" then theoretically the record should have been correctly registered since the flag is set to TRUE after the successful execution of the SQL query. Did you check if the records are really missing in the database? If the SQL query of INSERT failed then the system wouldn't have returned a success to the client.

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 10/03/2021 7:38 pm
(@punchey)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@skaredcreations Yes, they are not there. I've added some additional logging to provide logging for both success and failure. Is there guaranteed to be a response in the callback though? I mean, can I count on there eventually being a call to my callback either with success or failure no matter what? Or is there a situation I should prepare for where the callback is never called?

Posted : 11/03/2021 1:44 am
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

The callback is ever called anyway, even if there's an issue with the connection, as you can see in the method CombuManager.DownloadUrl that is used for every call.

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 14/03/2021 12:25 pm
Share: