Additional data for leaderboard scores

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@derkoi)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I'm developing a number of racing games and I'd like to give some extra information on the leaderboards for the vehicle used and manual or automatic transmission & add the options for players to download the replay or ghost of the other players. I can't find any official way to do this so wondered how I could perhaps go about adding it myself?

Thanks

Posted : 20/03/2024 11:03 am
(@derkoi)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Anyone there?

Posted : 28/03/2024 10:12 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

Hi,

there's nothing like this implemented at this moment.

If you want to try yourself then I could suggest to use a new property CustomData in the server-side class LeaderBoard_User (as TEXT field on the table) where you could store the json representation of a dictionary/hashtable for the custom data for each leaderboard score. Of course it's not exactly straight-forward as implementation, but if you are also familiar with PHP programming then it shouldn't be extremely hard to add this field and manage it both in the server webservice and in the client classes/calls (you can start looking at how it passes the "customData" in the other entities on client side for example in the User class, and how it uses and stores that in other webservices).

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 29/03/2024 3:50 am
(@derkoi)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@skaredcreations Thanks, I'll look into that. Also maybe I could make it as an addon? Or is that out of scope?

Posted : 01/04/2024 2:16 pm
Share: