Can't update the server.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dustin1138)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello,

I'm having the issue that another user mentioned about only getting 4 responses from the leaderboard request. And I see that I need to get the server up to version 3.1.0 to correct that. I'm currently at 3.0.11 but when I try to update it fails (see the attached image).

Any suggestions on how to get the upgrade working?

Thanks,

Dustin

Posted : 21/12/2018 7:45 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

Hi, usually these issues are about wrong writing permissions on the folder where Combu is installed (it should be writable by the user running the web server and have the zip and simplexml modules enabled in your php.ini, to check if these modules are enabled you can create a .php file in your web server root with content: <?php phpinfo();), anyway you can upgrade manually by executing the two queries from here (section Changes to Database) in your phpMyAdmin or MySQL Workbench (bottom of the page, an ALTER TABLE and a CREATE TABLE queries) and downloading and overwriting the latest version 3.1.1 from either My Downloads on this website or Unity Asset Store (both server and client scripts, for server scripts don't overwrite /lib/config.php to keep your current customization).

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 21/12/2018 9:54 pm
(@dustin1138)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the explanation and the help. I had crap luck getting AWS to change the permissions no matter what I tried so I got my hands dirty and updated the server manually (noting your config.php message) and got it all working. My leaderboard issue is now a thing of the past. Thanks!

Posted : 22/12/2018 9:37 pm
Share: