Loyal registration

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@danilletov)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello.

I want to create guest access for new players. After getting acquainted with the game,
ask them to register via email.

I do not want to block the entrance to users who have not confirmed the link on the email, but periodically remind them of this,
and give a bonus for the completed authorization.

Is it possible to verify confirmation of authorization without blocking player access to the server?
I found the check only at the entrance, but it doesn’t allow the user to log in to their account.

Posted : 07/11/2018 4:12 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

It's not possible to authenticate a user if there's an activation code registered in the account, since the purpose of REGISTER_EMAIL_REQUIRED is exactly to block the access to users that didn't confirm their email address.

To do what you're asking a custom add-on is required (PHP programming knowledge required), so that you could leave REGISTER_EMAIL_REQUIRED to FALSE and handle the creation&send of an activation code (and temporary email address) as account's CustomData.

With proper knowledge a custom add-on like this can be implemented in lesser than one week, like around 15-20 hours. If you know how to code in PHP then it'll be pretty easy and I can follow you giving the right direction, else I'm anyway available for small and quick works like this and can send you a quotation (if you need please contact me back by PM where you'll give me an email address to receive the quotation).

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 07/11/2018 5:41 pm
(@danilletov)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply.
I was thinking of another solution.

There was an idea to make as follows.
1. When the user first logs in, secretly create an account through the platform binding. That would not limit the player in his actions in the game.
2. Post a quest for a reward. In which to ask to register with confirmation via email. To give a reward after a successful login to a new account. Thus check whether the registration has passed.
3. After successfully creating a new account with confirmation via email, transfer all data to a new account and delete the old one.

The purpose of this, the most loyal to the new user, who is interested in the game, and until he understands whether he wants to continue to play it, do not scare him by registering.

There's something else I need to think about. And I have a few questions. I will send you my mail to discuss the best solution.

Posted : 09/11/2018 8:16 am
Share: