Clear all

CPU Spike, slow performance

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@braddon85)
Topic starter

Hi there,

I've noticed a bad cpu spike when using CombuManager.localUser.Update() in the editor (haven't tried it in build on target platform yet). See pic below. Now, the truth is I can't remember if this has always been the case. Because in the past I'd always use the update() when saving through a menu or on scene change .etc and perform a bunch of other functions at the same time so framerate was never an issue. But now I'm using it as a kinda autosave frequently (like every 30 secs) or so and the standstill is really noticeable now.

https://postimg.org/image/rltfv80u5/

Am I right in assuming the GC means garbage collection?

Is there any way, to reduce the impact that doesn't involve changing how often I call it? Would be great if I could just chuck it in another thread..

Calling User.Load and User.Random doesn't cause the spike (they both run smooth), even though they both use the same CombuManager.instance.CallWebservice() method. So it must be the form creation or the new WWW() that causes the spike?

Posted : 07/07/2017 7:28 am
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

The introduction of AES encryption to make secure the client/server communication may have increased the work load but the benefits in terms of security are definitely better. The Update method updates the profile and custom data of the user object that called it, so that's probably the reason of GC work, I'll take a look if there's something more to optimize there but I think it's already done.

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 08/07/2017 2:04 am
(@braddon85)
Topic starter

Understandable. The encryption thing is a good feature.

I'll try and find another way to do what I need to. Cheers for the good work.

Posted : 08/07/2017 5:20 am
Share: