Clear all

Creating or entering the user problem

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@isasaurio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello my friend, I have a problem with combu, it turns out that when creating a new user, in some phones does not work well but for example in a Samsung Galaxy S8 and a Galaxy A8, when creating or entering the user, it stays stuck with the message "Loading ..."
That would correspond to the code line << registerError.text = "Loading ..."; >> and does not do any other action.
What could this problem be?
Regards!

Posted : 19/06/2019 7:35 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

Try to enable Debug Log in CombuManager inspector to see if the request is sent and a response is received, this asset uses the Unity built-in WWW methods (and System.Security.Cryptography to crypt/decrypt) to send data over HTTP to a web page/script so it shouldn't be matter of phone models but just client/server connectivity. To see the Unity console logs on Android phones you can use one of the many apps monitoring the log, like 'logcat reader' or others similar. Also you could check in the webserver's error log file to see if there's something there (please refer to your server platform to know the location of this file, in Apache or IIS configuration).

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 19/06/2019 8:46 pm
(@isasaurio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Posted by: Skared Creations

Try to enable Debug Log in CombuManager inspector to see if the request is sent and a response is received, this asset uses the Unity built-in WWW methods (and System.Security.Cryptography to crypt/decrypt) to send data over HTTP to a web page/script so it shouldn't be matter of phone models but just client/server connectivity. To see the Unity console logs on Android phones you can use one of the many apps monitoring the log, like 'logcat reader' or others similar. Also you could check in the webserver's error log file to see if there's something there (please refer to your server platform to know the location of this file, in Apache or IIS configuration).

Hello friend, perform another test to test and I realized that the same thing happens BUT ... both phones have ANDROID 9, but with those that have lower versions of android work without problems. How can I solve this, so as not to have problems with cell phones that use ANDROID 9?

This post was modified 5 years ago by isasaurio

Posted : 19/06/2019 10:04 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

I've tested the standard CombuDemo scene on a Xiaomi with Android 9 right now and it works, so it's probably something in your code (or server) that is causing the issue. Your best option is, as said, to enable Debug Log and see the device logs on your phones with one of the log monitoring apps available on Play Store (like Logcat Reader, or the Android SDK adb logcat command) to see the outgoing requests and incoming responses and check webserver logs (not Combu's but IIS/Apache webserver's) to see if there's any exception logged.

Posted : 20/06/2019 2:43 pm
(@isasaurio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello my friend
I really do not understand much but I followed the indications of LOGCAT READER from ADB and this is what I throw up.
I do not understand how to interpret it.
Thank you so much

Posted : 20/06/2019 7:35 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

Posted by: isasaurio

Hello my friend
I really do not understand much but I followed the indications of LOGCAT READER from ADB and this is what I throw up.
I do not understand how to interpret it.
Thank you so much

There's nothing related to the Unity process (and neither the logs from Combu) in that log, unfortunately I cannot imagine what's going wrong in your game/app. I could take a look at your code if you send me the zip (I don't steal my customer's source codes, it would be deleted from my hard disk as soon as support has been given), even if please remember that this kind of support is definitely not intended to be provided with Combu, the developer should debug himself the apps, workflows and server side and eventually report to me hopefully reproducible bugs.

Meanwhile please try this as test:

1. create a new empty project with Android as platform and import Combu package
  2. open the scene /Combu/Demo/Scenes/CombuDemo and add it as only scene in Build Settings
  3. set Url Root Production, App Id and App Secret in CombuManager inspector with the data of your current game/app
  4. create the apk, install it on your phone and test the authentication with a valid account to see if it's authenticating you (or at least gives error on bad credentials)

...that is what I did to test Combu on my Android 9 phone.

Posted : 20/06/2019 8:09 pm
(@isasaurio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

First of all Thank you very much for all the time you take to answer me.
MIra realize the following, download combu again but I occupy for my app 2 scripts that I manipulate to get also save the mail in the registry.
I attached these scipts, maybe the error is ahy and I did not notice it, since I only get the error on those 2 phone models (Galaxy S8 and A8 with Android 9).
While I'm doing the directions you gave me.
Thank you so much!!!!

[edited by SkaredCreations: removed scripts link]

Posted : 20/06/2019 8:15 pm
(@isasaurio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello
Realize what you told me and put as scene "CombuDemo"

But it stays stuck with the message
"Connecting to server ..."

Would I have to see something that?

(im using  Unity version 2019.1.6f1)

regards

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by isasaurio

Posted : 20/06/2019 8:48 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

Ah you probably upgraded to Unity 2018+ (or other version after 2017.3.1, don't remember when WWW was set as obsolete), in fact you can see in the log "WWW is obsolete, use UnityWebRequest".

The incoming upgrade that is almost ready (will release in the following few days) already uses UnityWebRequest for Unity 2018 or greater, let me try to create a temporary fix for the current version of CombuManager.cs, will send to you by PM for testing.

Posted : 20/06/2019 9:35 pm
(@isasaurio)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks!!!!

Posted : 20/06/2019 10:12 pm
Share: