2 Users
1 Likes
 fau
(@fau)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi Francesco,

I would like to ask you a question. Let's say

1. I have a regular user who is logging in via the application.
2. There is a "Connect to Facebook" button in the GUI.
3. When the user pushes that button both facebook and the previous user becomes as one user. 
4. The system then recognizes the user wherever he/she comes from.
5. Maybe there will be a "Connect to Google" option and the system should also be using a similar workflow...

How can I achieve this functionality??

I have seen a topic 
https://www.skaredcreations.com/wp/community/combu/integrate-facebook-login-with-combu/#post-359
but this topic is about 4 years old. Maybe you have updated the workflow you have described on this topic.

I would be very happy if you could just help me with this issue.

Best Wishes 
Fau

This topic was modified 6 years ago by fau

Posted : 24/10/2018 3:58 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

The workflow is pretty the same:

• if the user has been already authenticated through Combu before "Connect to Facebook" then you have to call LinkPlatform
  • else if the user is not authenticated and clicks "Connect to Facebook" (and is authenticated through Facebook SDK) then you should first check if the email exists with User.Exists:
    • if the user exists then you should ask the user for the password, then use the normal Authenticate method of Combu and finally use LinkPlatform
    • if the user doesn't exist then you can use AuthenticatePlatform

If you won't succeed to implement it yourself then I'll leave a reply here with source code about how to implement this workflow as soon as I'll be back at home (in next few hours), though it should be pretty straightforward to code.

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 24/10/2018 4:21 pm
 fau
(@fau)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

It would be of great help if you could put the source code here. I will be trying what you have told. But seeing your workflow and coding standarts helps me improve the way I code. 

Thank you so much Francesco.

Best wishes

Posted : 24/10/2018 4:38 pm
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

Since it's a common question I've decided to inaugurate a new Blog section with the very first post being Authentication on Combu with Facebook (there's a download link at bottom with a test scene and sample script, reading is worth though) 🙂

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 24/10/2018 11:57 pm
fau reacted
 fau
(@fau)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Wonderful News !!!!

Thank you Francesco.  

Posted : 25/10/2018 5:44 am
Share: