Bypassing the "Acti...

Notifications
Clear all

Bypassing the "Activation Required" flag temporarily.

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@secretanorak)
Topic starter

Hi there,

I'm working with combu set to send activation emails and it's working great. Exactly what I want for normal users. Now I want the moon on a stick, but not sure if it's possible.

In my client app, I'd like an administrator to be able to register a list of users,..... without knowing their email addresses (This is actually a group of students). Effectively bypassing the activation requirement. Is this possible?

If not, is there a way to allow these users to temporarily log in, set their email & resend their activation request.

Effectively, I want to set their usernames and passwords for them, but force them to confirm an email address before I let them proceed.

Is this possible?

Posted : 14/02/2019 10:50 am
(@skaredcreations)
Prominent Member Admin

Hi,

implementing such workflow is possible through a custom add-on where you would handle an endpoint for the registration, basically matter of creating a php script similar to the one in the tutorial (part 3 is being published in the next few days with code for the client side) that handle for example an "action" like "register_account" calling a function similar to wsCreate that you find in /users.php but without the code that sends the email and check for the email address required).

The feature to re-send the activation code by email after account creation has been requested some time ago and now I've implemented it in the incoming update 3.1.2 (it's almost ready and I should be able to publish it in the next days, may be next week or the after), so you may want to use the next days to prepare your code for it and start creating the server-side part of your custom add-on to register an account (follow the tutorial, I'll publish the last part sooner).

EDIT: the part 3 of the custom add-on tutorial is now available in the Blog section 🙂

FRANCESCO CROCETTI @ SKARED CREATIONS

Posted : 14/02/2019 10:08 pm
SecretAnorak reacted
(@secretanorak)
Topic starter

As always, thanks for your help Francesco.  :mrgreen: 

Posted : 18/02/2019 4:31 pm
Share: